The Guide on Writing a Viral Blog Post
Ask any Blogger in your Niche what the most important thing in Blogging is and they will all tell you Content.
Writing a Viral Blog Post will bring you tons of traffic for years to come.
It sounds so easy, right?
This is useful if you’re trying to get your post to convert to leads or product sales.
So here is a secret formula to creating a viral Blog Post.
If you follow it, word to word, you cannot go wrong.
So, go grab a glass of your favorite drink because this is going to be one extremely detailed post.
If you don’t have a blog at the moment, you can see my step-to-step guide on how to create a money-making blog on a budget.
You may be wondering how The Guide on Writing a Viral Blog Post is going to help you.
Characteristics of a Viral Blog Post
1. It invokes a strong emotion like joy, nostalgia, anger, sadness, etc.
2. Gets tons of social media shares and comments (due to the previous point)
3. Helps you get lots of backlinks
4. Boosts your overall traffic
Now that we understand what a viral blog post consists of, it will be easy for us to construct a viral blog post point by point so that we can actually create one!
Fundamentals of Writing a Viral Blog Post
Once you know who your readers are and what they are looking for on a daily basis, creating content ideas becomes easy.
Writing great content is good for you.
But writing the right content that your audience needs are even better.
Spend some time trying to figure out who your target audience really is and what they really want from your Blog. This will help reduce your bounce rate!
Know your end goal
Before you write a Blog post, you must decide on your call-to-action. Is it to
1. Raise Brand awareness?
2. Generate leads or boost email sign ups?
3. Focus on an Affiliate Product?
4. Push sales to one of your Digital Product?
5. Direct them to your Services page?
Or is it something else?
Whatever your call-to-action is, do use more than 1-2.
This will help your readers focus on just the one call-to-action and will be effective in helping them take the required action.
Two Methods To Generate viral content ideas
Learning from your competitors
Log on to www.buzzsumo.com and type in your Competitor’s URL. See which posts have gotten the most shares. And repeat this search for at least 4-5 of your Competitors.
This will give you a general idea of what is trending right now and what people love to read and share.
Pinterest’s Most Popular Pins
Go to Pinterest and type in keywords that you want to write about.
The pins that get over 1K-5K repins. See what keywords they’re using or what kind posts are related to the topic.
Are they tutorials? Or case studies? Or lists?
Choose a long-tail keyword
Keywords are the words or phrases your readers are going to type into a search engine to find a blog post that answers their question or helps bring an end to their search.
If I am going to make an Apple Pie I’m going to type “Simple Apple Pie Recipe” into Google. That is a keyword.
A long-tail keyword.
Narrowing down your focus, and using the right keywords in your blog post, you are helping your post climb up onto the first page of Google’s search results.
How do you find the right keyword?
Open Google Keyword Planner. It’s free. You will need to create an Ad account first. Then go to ‘Tools’ and select Keyword Planner.
Once you’re in, type in your idea and see what I find.
There are ton of results, but the key to getting a good keyword is being specific.
“Low Competition” means, your blog post has a very good chance of making it to the front page of Google!
So try using words that you have in your post , like the title of the post.
Sprinkle these keywords throughout your blog post to make it SEO great for google.
Write a click-worthy headline
8 out of 10 people don’t click on a blog graphic if the headline doesn’t catch their eye.
The blog post title should be simple and easy to read. But at the same time, it should be catchy so that people click on it!
Tips to consider when you’re writing your blog post headline.
- Let your blog title be short and sweet. Anything over 60 characters is too long!
- Use bright and catchy adjectives like “effective,” “super,” “amazing,” or “incredible.”
- Try and arouse the reader’s curiosity, for example. Teach your puppy how to sit with this simple trick! Read how!
- Use numbers. People love seeing digits in a blog header, for example. 100 ways to draw a person
- Use negative headlines once in a while. They do wonders for clicks! 10 Reasons why you’re not getting traffic to your blog.
Sit and scribble down about 5-10 headlines. Read through them and choose one.
Write an attention-grabbing intro
Now, that you’ve learned how to research blog post ideas, come up with keywords and craft an eye-catching headline, all that’s left to do is to write a blog post.
Do not be boring.
Write an introduction that empathizes with the reader. Show the reader you care.
Promises them what they will learn or accomplish by reading the post and gets them to stay on the page.
- Tell a light story that’s slightly personal and related to the blog post.
- Start with a little sense of humor to tickle their sides.
- State an amazing fact and show your readers how the steps in your blog post are going to achieve this.
- Reveal the result of your blog post and establish what the reader is going to learn by reading your blog post.
Make Your Post Easy To Read
Use your long-tail keywords throughout the post.
Tackle a problem.
Break down the solution
Using appropriate headers and sub-headers.
Do not write long, long paragraphs.
Images really boost a post.
Make your blog post interesting.
Aim for 2000 words.
It’s time for the conclusion.
Motivate your readers to try out what they’ve just read.
ask them to subscribe to your Blog or leave a comment.
Create a good (and sharable) blog graphic.
Interlink to old blog posts that you’ve written within your current blog post.
Include affiliate links or links to products that you think will help your readers.
Proof-read your Blog Post
You’ll also want to get yourself the Yoast SEO plugin because this is one of the best SEO plugins ever!
It helps me know when I have made my post readable and that the SEO is great and will help my post rank and go viral.
Publish and Promote
A few ways to promote your post are:
- Create 2-3 blog post featured images and include it in the post. This doubles your chances of getting the post discovered.
- Use your email marketing software to notify all your peeps of the blog post.
- Share it via social media. This is where your pretty blog graphic comes in handy.
- Reach out to Influencers or Blogging Buddies to get more eyes on the post.
- Engage in Facebook Groups and see if anyone requires more help. Your link will come in handy here.
- Try to help out people in comment threads who are looking for a solution to their problem. If your post answers a particular question, don’t be afraid to send that link.
please feel free to hit me up in the comments below.